View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_scouser View Post
The plastics are just scratched apart from the rear mudguard, ill just change that for now, but for £80 for a full kit... might just go for it! I have a back protector from my sports bike kit, but yes, ill get some more shoulder and knee pads too.
What do you have for boots? Real MX boots are a must for the dirt. I wouldn't spend any money you don't have to on plastics. Yours look way better than mine.

Quote:
Cool, as soon as i have it cleaned up a bit ill have a look see. Im 6'0 and 13st. so probably averagely tall..
You are a little on the tall side for a European build bike, but rotating the bars forward a little bit, or just new taller bars can fix that easy. You might eventually find you want a tall seat like my bike has (I am 6-2), but you should be good starting with what you have.

Quote:
Thats basically needed if the power is too sharp or economy is too poor?
Jetting is a fine art that is really pretty easy to learn the basics of. Read the Jetting forum, a lot. A 2 stroke 300 like that (on good tractable dirt) should pretty much rip your arms out from bottom to top. If it doesn't feel fast and crisply respond to throttle inputs, the jetting should be tinkered with. It's not hard, Keihin has carb info on their site and parts should be easy to obtain. I assume the Euro bikes also have the PWK?

http://www.keihin-us.com/am/products/pwk.php

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.