View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks, i have just stripped the back end down to sub frame, basically all the plastics bar the forks. its got a Keihin 26SA PAU and it does have PWK embossed there too. I also notice that it doesnt really have an air box, its just an open to the top, sides and back (although back covered by the rear fender). Isnt that bad news as far as water ingress? Im not entirely sure whether it has been 'cut' like that as its a good job, but not perfect. Im likely to be in the water, it is england remember!, so can i not protect that more other than just the plastics/seat?

Boots, yes, i will try and invest in the safety side first and foremost, i spend for my sports bikes with top leathers etc, so i will for this.
I also have an anodised blue alloy unit for my bars, probably 2 inches higher than the yokes so maybe thats a riser kit

I want to at least check out the bike mechanically before i head out 200 miles from home only to find something is wrong, so ill get an oil change, air filter and plug for it..... although it fires up first kick.

Ive noticed a small nick in the alloy cover on the kick start side, its weeping a little oil. But in the box of bits i got, there is a black, rather than alloy cover which looks new, probably from a newer bike. So, ill see about getting a gasket and sorting that out too.

thanks for all your help lads, really appreciating this