Thread: APT SmartCarb
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Thats the way i check my float level , is that 20mm on the new float bowl corey ? , i cant get anywhere near that with the bike in the meat of the powerband without the bike sucking the cab dry .
A 3.5 needle seat is headed your way, sent a week or so ago and is a step larger than your current float inlet seat. I'm still inclined to think that there is something in your current arrangement that is not letting the float needle come all the way off the seat, even though it's stacking up to the correct fuel height. Meaning some float inlet needles and seats seal better than others and you may have yours adjusted so as to hold the proper height, and not flood, but there may not be enough total travel in the floats to open the valve all the way, which slows down the fill rate. Also we have seen more than our share of bikes and quads that don't have adequate venting at the tank that can also slows down the fill rate of the bowl. Your current needle and seat (3.0) should be adequate as we have the same in bikes up to 500cc and lightly modified. Big bore open desert racing I recommend the 3.5 needle seat though.