View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5
I'm missing something here - why would you only have one eye corrected?
I understand one at a time but surely the whole point is to correct both defective eyes?

My plan was to have both eyes done for distance vision, knowing I would need reading glasses. Per my optometrist I went to a very respected eye surgeon in Houston (not the $300 dollar one but $199.00 per eye) with the latest laser and surgery practices. He said , "lets do just one eye, that way you can still read without glasses, but will see distance". My surgery eye is 20/25 now and should get to 20/20 or even better with time.

So all this said I can really see street sign great, even better than my old glasses, and night vision has improve significantly, or really good. But rising seems to still be difficult as we need "stereoscopic binocular" vision for dept perception. This can be learned by most people but takes several month, perhaps longer.

The Dr. option was - see if you like it, if not we will try a soft contact in the uncorrected eye and if you like it we can do the IntraLASIC on that eye. I have several months to adjust before testing that option...