View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 AM

Default 190 lbs on EC300

Hi,

I have no idea about which springs would be right for you, but if it helps to compare I found mine.

I weigh 190 nekkid and it should be 200lbs with gear, camelback and fannypack.

Stock on my '07 is 5.2 back and .42 in front. Back seems perfect but front too soft. Why the imbalance seems strange. When riding it seemed a little harsh in rocks and very wallowy in general.

Using the Race Tech computer on their web page and testing with several bikes and types of riding, it states .44's.

I talked to my suspension guy and he said the rear was right but I should have .45's in front. Had them in stock and at a great price.

Threw them in, changed most of the oil, set the oil height same as before at 110mm, put the clickers close to the middle and went riding.

Wow! With the balance front and back the valving seemed steadier and the wallowing was gone. Rocks and roots were superb. Finding exact settings for compression, rebound will be taken care of some other time, but in general the suspension works really, really good.

At 105mm sag, forks at 10mm up and these settings the chassis is stable at speed and turns really well.

One happy camper!