View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM

At 200lbs with gear, for standup riding head over the claps, stock valving with marzocci 45's and sachs rear, .45 front and 5.2 rear it seems very close.

After 3 years of testing with the fully adjustable NOST valves on the previous bike I've become sensitive to setup. I'm not fast, but better at testing. Also noticed how complicated suspension is and how easy it is to chase the wrong symptoms. Best of course is to find a real guru and let them figure out the whole deal, which is what I was aiming for.

Every bike up to now has had very close to .44 front and 5.0 back either kayaba or showa. Since this is a woods setup it's probably more spring and less damping, so it seems to make sense.

But hey, suspension seems to be a never ending story. Why does it seem right for now? Because nothing seems to work wrong (at my slow speeds). Soft when supposed to, firm when supposed to, no quirks, just enough feedback but not more, stable at speed but turns in nicely, doesn't tuck under or jump out of a rut, stays in a turn, stays down when gassing it out of a corner, jumps level front and back, rear doesn't go sideways off jumps, front doesn't dive much into turns and leaves travel for the braking bumps, rear doesn't kick on braking bumps, etc.

The best of course might be to film the action to see for certain what is happening under the fenders (and see the goon riding for laughs)