View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 01:57 AM

Thanks Tech!

The shop has said a new engineered starter enclosed system is coming in a couple of weeks....no more info that that.

I've had new 240 CCA lithium and lead acid batteries and it's still locked up so I don't think it's power as such.

I do think there is something with the alignment of the pinion and Bendix as the recess' are worn. The screw holes (sorry for poor tech language) for the bendix cover were all chopped out and I had to put coil inserts to hold the cover on!

I can replace the housing but think I will see what the cost of the "complete package" is first.

I'll let you know what happens and hopefully a photo of the new cover...

Bins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
I cannot understand how the cover could have been damaged. It may have been assembled incorrectly....perhaps something got wedged in the bearing housing part of the cover.

My Rieju cover fit perfectly & was not misaligned.

I have no knowledge of the oil filled cover.

I am using a FirePower #490 2500 120cca lithium ion battery. It does not have enough power to start the bike after sitting for a few days. I kick start it once & the the starter works fine for the entire ride.

My son has the same bike. He uses an AntiGravity #YTZ7-8 240cca lithium battery. He does not have the upgraded Rieju cover. 40+ hours on the bike. Battery has enough power to start the bike w/o first kick starting.

Hope this helps!!