Thread: 2018
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I took mine out for it's trial run this morning. I rode about 4 hours today with a mix of really nasty rocky single track, and some mellow double track. First off.. the engine is simply amazing. In stock form with no adjustments made at all to it, it felt killer in the nasty. It just kept chugging.. can't stall this motor very easily at all.

Handling is decent, but I need to work out the suspension. I'm heavier than what the stock springs were designed to handle, so it get's busy up front like my Beta did before I put heavier springs on that bike. I was alerted by GasGas that they will be informing dealers of spring rates and will have springs available through them next week.

The bike feels really planted, even with my current under sprung situation. Unlike my beta that often feels uncontrollable, the gas gas just seems to work well. Rocks and logs that I avoid with the Beta I was jumping with the GasGas within the first 5 miles of seat time on it. Pic below of today's ride. *Note barkbusters are on order, but couldn't wait and had to get some moto in.