Thread: The Fleet
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:17 AM

Frame is blasted.

I ordered the Clymers manual as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd
Painted

So we’ve been going through the parts. The big thing is a previous owner has installed a steel sleeve. It needs bored. Which you can do with a steel sleeve within reason. There is no piston in the Rubbermaid that the motor was in so I don’t know what it’s been bored to. It’s been bored to the maximum I can get a piston for. So I was left with a couple of options. New sleeve or have this one Nikasil coated. PowersealUSA comes highly recommended and they claim they can coat a steel sleeve. I think this is the best route so it’s off to them.

Also the rod and crank bearings are shot. I’ve had great luck in the past with MRcrankshaft.com. He did my Rancher crank and also the one on my KDX motor that’s going in the CR. And he is less expensive. I sent him my old crank on Friday. He’s already called to say it’s done. New OEM crank bearings and seals are on the way. I won’t order the piston until I hear from Powerseal. Triples are back on. Fork rebuilt waiting on fork boots so I can put them in.

Also parts on order.
Front tire
Swing arm bearings
Grips
Hand Guards
Handlebar
Carb rebuild kit
8oz flywheel weights

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old