View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_Flat View Post
Maybe a bit less weight and redesigned e start like the other brands. If the current e start proves to be pretty reliable long term, that's less of a concern.

Counterbalancers and EFI 2Ts are far from necessary, certainly nice, but I'd love a cheaper lighter bike without those things, personally.

I like that the "boutique" brands offer something different than KTM in a competitive package. People will ask gasgas and sherco and beta to have all things that KTM has and then scoff when the price goes up. I appreciate the differentiation and hope that there are enough similarly minded riders to keep us from having 4 brands making the same bike with different plastics.
concerning the E-starts on the '18's... I have a measly 350km on mine. But it has not missed a beat even once yet. (other than a time that a connection I had not put back together properly came apart. But that's my fault.)
I'll keep posting back if it develops any issues. But right now its a half second press of the button and it's running every time.