View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 07:09 AM

Default Another smart carb question

Just wondering if anyone running a smartcarb on there ec300 could lend me some advice.
I have a 2018 ec300 with squish set running a 38mm smartcarb. Currently I am running the q11 rod in it. I am having problems with it in that to get a nice low idle it makes it way too rich everywhere else. Idle screw is at approx 1.3mm as suggested. Instructions in the manual suggest I run it at 80 clicks with this rod however this results in an idle thats way too high and hangs when coming off throttle. Seems good though everywhere else but idling.
To get a low idle I have to run it way richer than this. Not sure exactly how many clicks but it is a long way off 80 clicks as suggested.
I have 2 other rods here, an av11 and an q13. Does anyone know if either of these rods will have a richer idle section on the rod than the q11. I think the q13 will make it leaner everywhere else. Is this correct??
Thinking posibbly the av11 however unsure of the difference between the AV and the Q designation.
Anyone that is running this carb successfully on a 2018 model like to share there settings.?? I have tried speaking to Nathan at technology elevated however the time difference is a pain so Im hoping someone on this forum might be able to help..
thanks
JC