View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 AM

enduro360.com

Quote:
Clay Stuckey says:
July 11, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I can tell you that I had many more people mention Knight to me in connection with Sherco than all of the other riders combined. Americans don?t seem to pay much attention to WEC but they did pay attention to what Knight was doing on the Sherco. Maybe it was because of his GNCC titles here and the other appearances that he made here. I think that Sherco made a mistake by dropping David.
I hope DK finds a way to get the finance and keep riding at a high level - there's no doubting his determination.

On the corporate issue, I think there is something to be said for enduro as a whole finding it's own balance between the interests of the manufacturers selling bikes and everything else. Motorsports entirely dominated by corporate interests tend to become soulless and dull. Enduro's character is in it's 'homespun' nature with local club involvement even at the highest level and the low key, geographically dispersed nature of events. So maybe putting sporting ambitions ahead of career prospects is not an entirely bad thing.