View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM

the 3 prongs in a straight line are low/high/ground. I'm sorry but I don't know the exact order. At this point you probably know which of your wires are "hot" and "ground". You can use them or a multimeter to determine which 2 prongs when hooked together either "beep", make the needle show continuity, or if using the bike wiring make the light come on. One combination is low beam, the other is high beam. You will not burn up any wiring doing this as long as you aren't putting those wires to the bikes chassis. If using the multimeter use it only on the headlamp bulb with wiring disconnected or you may burn up the meter.
This next part is just my guess...
The other small light with 2 prongs is a DRL (daytime running light) I believe is required in some countries for street machines. I would guess the headlight switch used in conjunction would have a diode so it would not activate the headlights at the same time if the headlight was off. Or,, maybe for competion use where a headlight is required but you don't want to use any more watts than necessary??
Anybody else have a SWAG guess??

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)