View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 04:23 AM

Default 2018 swing arm protection

With the 250 being such a looker, I?m keen to keep the bike in reasonable nick for as long as possible. Now, where I mainly ride is rocky & swing arms cop a lot of abuse - particularly when you are a Gumby like moi - so a swing arm protector makes sense.

However, due to the dearth of 2018 Gas Gas after-market parts, I had to take a punt & it turned out to be a pretty good one. I selected a Polisport CR-F 250-450, ?11-?15 guard from MXStore in Australia for about $50AUD. Note - to my eye, the KTM swing arm is a closer match than the Honda, but I couldn?t source the KTM Polisport guard in Oz. What?s that old saying about necessity being a mutha?..

Anyhow, the guard for the Honda MX-er is a fair bit longer on both sides, but with a bit of trimmage it actually fitted up pretty well. Extra holes are required at the non-axle ends to secure the guard to the swingarm - easy to to drill with a 5mm bit. I used my Dremel to shape the Polisport guard to the GG?s swing arm shape & the massive Zipties that came with the guard should hold it on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9932BD1C-71A6-4154-9381-0AA84467C363.jpg (120.0 KB, 103 views)