View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 01:53 PM

I follow this thread since I had my first 2018 GP. I could not solve the starter issues and bought a 2019 EC and its starter worked flawless from day one till I sold it.
On my last 2019 EC the starter worked 47 hours and gave up today. I will start an own thread for this problem.

Lets go back to the 2018 GP:

When I tried to find the problem I took the starter off and I also took the starter off my friends GP 300 2018. His bike has the known problems since day one, his never started with the e-start when the engine is cold, but it works as soon as the engine is hot. He had the CDI flashed, added thicker cables, grinded contact surfaces and so on, but nothing helped. He also changed the starter button. My starter burned so I installed his starter motor on my bike (2019 EC 300). To align the pinion inside the cover with the starter shaft I turned the pinion (20) with my finger and it had almost no resitsance, I also could turn the starter axle (16) and the bendix (12) easily.

I tried the same on his bike and could not turn the pinion (20) with my fingers. I had to insert the shaft of a disassembled starter and could turn it using some force.
Do you think that this could be the problem why the starter doesn't crank the engine? I have no clue why there's so much resistance but we will find out soon.

I will also tell him to weld the axle (16) and the pinion (17) together but first need to get the whole thing apart.