View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Question Fuel Pump Clips Broken

I have an '03 400 FSE that has been in the shop for some time with top end work being done. With the fuel tubes being removed everytime the fuel tank came off, the clips that lock the fuel tube in place have broken. So far, the dealer has been unable to locate just the clips that are broken, and the dealer cost for the pump is $460.00 (similar automotive clips are $2.00 each....yes the dealer already tried the only 1/4 inch automotive clips they could find, but they don't even come close to fitting).

1) I figured that with the cage around the fuel tube inlet still intact, I could probably keep the tube locked in place by lacing two small zip-ties in an "X" pattern across the cage openings above the lock ring on the fuel tube, but I'd rather do it right, if I can do it without buying a $460.00 pump for a $2.00 clip, so....

2) Does anyone know where I might obtain these clips?

3) Does anyone have an old pump (they changed it the next year, so it would have to be from an '02 or '03) that is inoperative but still has the clips intact?

4) Does anyone know if Magneti Marelli. who manufactured the Fuel Injection Throttle Body for this bike, manufactured the fuel pump also? I understand that they also did the fuel injection for Ducatti, so if they also make the pump, Ducatti may be another source fior the clips, if not Magneti Marelli themselves.

Any help would be appreciated!