View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:20 AM

Wanted to give an update. Tore the bike down for the winter, New top end, crank seals, gaskets, oil seals, wheel bearings, custom spring rates for suspension, tons of other things...went ahead and got the JD jet kit, was surprised that the pilot jet recommendation was a 40, even though I knew from experience it was too lean. I believe I put a 48 or a 50 pilot in, and now I'm about 1-1.5 turns out on air screw, bike is running better, but by that what I mean is I'm still having pretty weak bottom end power. The bike doesn't stall or bog, but it also doesn't pull very hard from 1/4th to 1/2 throttle. Infact it builds rpms very slow unless you slip the clutch.

During the rebuild I put a (biggest?) .50 base gasket in for a low compression, but reliable build. Is that a mistake?

Going to check the power valve action this weekend and make sure its all working good.

I told A guy on a Facebook group about my issues, he thinks the carburetor on my bike is just old and worn out. He strongly suggests just buying a new carburetor. So now the jump to a lectron is still in my mind.

Right now I have 180 main jet. I think a 50 pilot, JD jetting red needle, 4th position, burning 50:1 redline racing 2 stoke mix, riding sea level to 2500ft.