View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Do the bars still roll freely side to side on the stand and the slowness is just when riding? I still think its geometry and balance front to back. If the back end is too soft and squatting/compressing easily and the fork is reboudning too fast what will happen is you'll get a bike that is plush in the back and hooks up really well but doesn't want to steer.

I had a similar thing happen with the TTX setup where when I would get the back end right (like a carpet) the front would push a bit too much. If I reduced the compression on the front to balance it out it would then blow through the stroke, bottom too easily and feel sloppy and nervous on big hits. If I stiffened the front end up to deal with the hits I'd then find the front end pushing and steering slow. When I went to the 888 again it was too stiff, would kick and lift, and would put too much weight onto the forks making them harsh, but the bike steered like a beast again.

I'm looking at adding more oil to the fork to resist bottoming which should allow me to run the clickers out a bit softer to deal with rocks and roots.

Its an art form mate. Something I haven't mastered yet. Did they respring the forks at all?