Thread: I'm back!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenut View Post
I didn't know you were going to Stonyford on your trip. That's one of my favorite places to ride because it's so diverse.
Well we only planed to stop by if we had time on the way back home. We were chased out of Dove springs early by a fierce sand storm. 50mph winds and forecast for up to 70mph that night shortened our stay in southern California so off we went on a new adventure.

We had a great time at Stonyford it was a bit wet in places so it reminded me of home much more than the desert. From red clay to granite rock. From jeep wide to single track it has it all as you mention. Unfortunately much of the highest altitudes are still under snow drifts so I didn't get a chance to see it all.
I will go back preferably on a week day or during an event weekend though as that place is popular and turns into a real party on Friday night. I hear some enduros are put on there and it is only around 12 hours from my place, so I may have to take a drive and check it out.
California's riding is cool cause it still has nasty hill climbs that go straight up or meander up the mountain, unlike the majority of Washington where Salmon conservation has turned most straight up climbs into switch backs which can still be a challenge but it was good to blast up mountains and conquer them or be shut down by the power robbing terrain and gravity's force.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!