View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks Trev. I have a couple big "deals" in the works and i will let you know first.

Here is the dilemma with the EU spec bikes that GG Pacific seems to insist on ordering. Yes, the come with turn signals and horns etc.. BUT, they come with an EU VIN that in SOME, not all provinces, makes them next to impossible to register for street and in Ontario, it is even difficult to register them for off-road. The MTO computer spits out the VIN and thinks it is a Chinese bike. I had a customer call me and asked why he couldnt get the 2011 250 Six Days he bought in Quebec registered in Ontario. I knew right away what the problem was. He bought the bike 6hrs away for $200 less than what I quoted but now he cant register it.

No matter who you buy one from, I would suggest only buying one with a North American style VIN if a plate is important to you. The easiest way to tell what VIN it has it to check the 10th digit of the VIN. A 2011 should have a B in the 10th digit. If it doesnt, it is a EU spec bike.

You can call or email me if you have any questions or want to talk about bikes. I have some killer deals on 2011s right now and am taking deposits on 12s for December delivery.

Scott Rocher
(519)393-6660