View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Starting point for Western Washington?

Hi, all-

I am just getting my 2002 XC300 ready to ride, and wanted to run my jetting past the "experts." I bought the bike last month and spent the last few weeks sorting out some issues, but now I'm about ready to ride it in anger. A couple of spins in front of the house do not provide accurate jetting, but it does upset the neighbors a bit.

Here's my current set up-
50:1 Premium pump/Amsoil Dominator
Carb is stock, as far as I can tell. No obvious modifications to any external points or functions.
Needle- Don't know. The only markings are "CC" (maybe GG?). Nothing else indicated.
Clip- was on second from top (lean), now in middle (it's what I do to set baseline on my other bikes)
Main- 170
Pilot- 38
AS- Now at 1.5, was at .5

Any suggestions from those who ride Walker Valley, Tahuya, and Capitol Forest? I don't mind buying a handful of brass, but I do want to make sure I am going in the right direction. I don't want to make any broad generalizations or assumptions, but previous experience with this bike in my riding area is preferred. The main reason to question the current jetting is that it's a former California bike, and I think it was set up for hot weather high-country riding. The piston looked kind of lean (lots of carbon), and I want to make sure I don't melt anything my first time out.