View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I plan on riding slow single track to fast fire roads, mostly second and third gear open trails. Walker Valley is closest to me (Shoreline), but my riding buddy lives near Tahuya and we go to Capitol Forest more often now. I hope to be on the trails more than last year.

Regarding the air screw, I simply opened it per the manual to start jetting. I haven't even heat cycled the engine yet in my neighborhood, hopefully later this week will provide an opportunity. Heck, maybe even today if I get the chance.

I plan on taking a "mental health day" on the 16th to Walker and really sort it out. That's two weeks away, but it's the best I could plan for.

Now, what's the easiest method to swap jets and pull needles? I have a desert tank that surrounds the carb, do I need to completely pull the tank and carb, or can I get away with pulling the tank and rotating the carb in the boots to access the float bowl? Oh, and any suggestions on float height? I never measured that, probably do that later today, too.