View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I pulled the carb (I had to clean it, after all), float height is 19mm. Float seam not level with carb seam (closes early). Reeds were interesting. They did not seal, about a 0.030" gap from totally closed. I took them off to flip them, thinking I was so clever, but after I flipped the top one the gap was worse. So I returned it to original. I know it sounds like I'm from Planet Stupid, but shouldn't the reeds seal? But no chips or cracks.And yes, pivoting the subframe helped immensely.

As for variables, about 45F, 250' above sea level. 92% humidity. I'll check compression tomorrow. Decent sparkplug. I think stock squish (not measured).

As for top end, the seller told me that it had ~10 hours on an Eric Gorr top end. Which is a lie, unless Eric uses wrong fasteners, strips threads, loses washers, and is a general incompetent. Which he may be, but beyond that, it's a bit tired. I'll get proper numbers tomorrow.

After some deliberation, I'm thinking reeds are causing some issues. Same as 1996 YZ250, yes? Boyesen reeds, if there is any question.