View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekket View Post
I managed to break my oil pressure sensor on my 2007 Gas Gas 450. The part number for it is MFS400326568. Does anyone know where I could buy one? It seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Is there an alternative from a car or some other bike that someone is aware of? The sensor that came out of the bike has FAE 11008 0.15 40P markings on it but after contacting FAE directly I was told that they are not able to sell this sensor and it has to be bought from GasGas directly. I am from Europe(Estonia) so I would prefer to order from EU sites if possible.
Note that I have no experince with the Gasgas fourstrokes.
Here is what I would do:

Since you already have managed to get in contact with FAE, I would ask them again about the specification of the sensor. Failing that, they have a catalog here:
http://www.fae.es/files/product/pdf/...ustrada-37.pdf

I would guess that the marking of 0.15 means a switching pressure of 0.15 bar, as I see in their catalog that they have some sensors of that range. If one of these sensors looks like yours, the FAE catalog states the OEM numbers fro the cars that they can be used in.

I think your best option is to find a 0.15 bar sensor with the same threads and electrical connection from another vendor locally. Those are the 3 parameters that matters (the electrical connecting can of course be changed if you want to cut / alter your wiring harness).

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc