View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 02:29 PM

Question FSE 450 EC 2003 - similar problems

Hello!
First, sorry for my grammar, I'm not very good at technical English.

My friend bodliCZ recently bought a used GG EC 450 FSE 2003 and we have problems getting it to running state.

Previous owner changed:
1. the stator
2. the rotor
3. the rectifier/regulator
4. the starter "special bearings" We have all the old parts available.

We changed:
1. the battery for new
2. The spark plug
3. We tried different spark plug
4. We measured whole cabling and replaced some faulty/dodgy wires. The issues are still the same.

We rode it a bit, but there were these issues:
1. Starting the beast cold and hot is a pain (when HOT its close to impossible) We tried the different techniques described in this thread and few others on different forums. So far the best technique seems to be 1. The ignition ON, wait for the pump to stop, 2. Throttle wide open, let it vent 5-10sec, 3. throttle close and open just a tiny bit (0,5-1mm) 3. Start. Then it usually starts.

2. We think it does not give enough electricity to recharge (i don't know what the term is for this) At high rev it gives only something around 13,4V My brother thinks it should be more as it is higher on other similar 4stroke bikes

3. We do not have a spare/new Ignition coil we could test (our shops around Czech Republic cannot get it even from Spain, they say ) The ignition coil+the cable+the spark plug cap is one piece. Do you guys know if it can be replaced for another model/year/bike brand (like the DRZ400 ?)

4. We do not have access to any DIAG

So, can you guys advise:
1. Any thing to check for the hot starts problems?
2. We don't know how much voltage it should give at idle or higher revs. Do you know?
3. Do you know if there is any suitable spare/replacement ignition coil?
4. Does anyone know what should be the resistance for the spark plug cap? And what should be the measurements for the ignition coil?
5. Also you did mention the TPS sensor. Where could we find this?
6. Can you advise what OBD connector/cable we could use and what DIAG ? I've read something about Guzzidiag
7. We would like to test the injector too. Any idea/tip of how to do that? What are the good and the bad conditions?

Any pictures, schema, workshop manual links in any language would be greatly appreciated!
For bodliCZ we thank you!

EDIT: I've found the Guzzidiag web page, also the links to the cables, we are about to buy this and then see...