View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM

Blue Goose Inn @ Matewan WV is decent. Bill, the owner, is a great guy. Don McCoy, owner of Hatfield McCoy Inn @ Matewan, is another great guy who offers affordable lodging, food, security, and more. We will be staying with him in May, it looks like.

Ck this out...quote from Don himself:

"Here is a link on Google Earth https://groups.googl.../-/jNYTmYBCIs4J that you can zoom in and follow an 85 mile loop and get an ideal of the terrain that I have created a loop called "The Dinky Road Loop". It begins and ends in Downtown Matewan and takes app. 5 hours depending on how many times you stop or decide to get off course on the loop. App. 30 miles is 4 lane coming back to Matewan unless you prefer more Dinky Backwoods 100% Legal improved and unimproved County Roads. You do need a highway legal bike with tags!!! I have created a total of 4-5 great loops including one app 100 miles that croses the corners of KY, VA and Wv. I cannot figure out how to get my darn software GPS crap to work or I would have the loops loaded onto my web site! LOL However, most people would get lost with a GPS on these Dinky Routes with a GPS.
It is an excellent loop loaded with miles of Twisties and not much automobile traffic at all. If you wanna see some great backwoods roads and have fun in the twisties, high mountains and low valleys this is the loop. I ride a BMW F650 GS DAKAR with knobbies although knobbies are not needed on the Dinky Trail. Dinky consist of 70% single lane clean black top NO CENTER STRIPE AND VIRTUALLY NO GUARD RAILS, 20% 2 lanes divided by a stripe and 30 miles interstate and10% tight crushed gravel mixture. The interstate is the final 30 minutes of the loop or the interstate can be by passed and ride more twisty dinky routes. No coal or log hauling on this loop. It is y open road the entire ride. A couple KTM 525 riders from Florida though of it as a Super Moto Race Track. I would motion them to pass by me when we got to the good twisties and have them to wait on me at the intersections although I was right on there rears. Not bad for a soon to be 52 year old! LOL If you know Don Childers DLS RIDES/Adventure Rider from NC. ask him his opinion of the dual sport trails. He comes here often to ride his KTM 900/950.

https://groups.googl.../-/jNYTmYBCIs4J

The Real McCoy"

Now thats service.
'06 YZ250F parting out...