Thread: Plug fouling
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels244 View Post
Thanks JTT and Dogboy

I haven't had chance to strip the carb yet - too busy at work.
I will try and get to it this weekend and I'll post my findings on here. Your comments would be much appreciated.
I run fully synthetic Castrol at 50:1, do you recommend changing to 40:1, I'll change the plug to a hotter one.
The LTR kit sounds like the way forward, I'll place my order after I've checked exhaust spigot.
Quality full syn should be fine at 50:1. If I were you I wouldn't bother running a hotter plug it wont need it when the jetting is correct. They don't foul plugs unless something is very amiss so why risk hiding the problem? Speak to either Kev at the GasGas importer, Dave at BikeTech or Liam (when he's on here - he is an automotive engineer and EC200 owner) what is a good jetting for UK. The US jetting doesn't always work well for the UK but it is personal as stated. Anyway those 3 sources can give you a starting position that won't, provided no other faults, foul the plug. Then you have eliminated the most likely cause.

When it is running fine then you can play with hotter plugs etc - though you shouldn't need it then!