Thread: clutch squeel
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have not commented on this thread as this has been a virtual non issue for me on three 300's and I'm guessing my 4th won't have a issue either.

Yes, I have got them hot enough that I got em all to make noise, it does make a hell of a racket. But that was only from severe abuse. Enough abuse I've overheated the bike, yeah overheated a Gas Gas, now thats abuse.

Over the years I have heard guys saying use Rottella, use this, use that, to cure the squelchy clutch. I have always ran 80wt Spectro. I never changed, I bought my first Gas Gas, asked what a certain local pro was using at that time in his bike and went with it. Works for me.

These OEM Gas Gas clutches are the most durable OEM clutches put in a dirt bike, and who knows, that may contribute to the noise, it may be a harder friction material than others. If thats the case I will certainly live with a little noise once in a while in exchange for durability.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!