View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Administrator

When I bought a gasgas in '01 - they didn't configure the bike the way I wanted it here in the U.S. so I bought from the distributor in Canada. Don Clarke, rest his soul - loved talking to him on the phone. Gruff and said things as he saw them...

Right after that - to support the local gasgas dealer in Vancouver, WA (no longer a dealer) - I went in and spent around $500 in parts/tires from them. They said they stocked alot of gasgas parts when I spoke with them about buying a bike so I wanted to keep them "healthy and happy".

Unfortunately, I walked in and said I want to get a couple of spares... Throttle cable, levers, etc. They had *nothing*.... That was my last visit to their shop...

My only point is that local dealers are great - but they need to stock a few essentials in order to keep you on the trail or in the race when you don't have time to wait for a shipment of parts - otherwise, they aren't living up to "their part of the bargain" and I might as well do everything mail order...

jeff