View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well had a few min spare to put the head on the barrel & measure squish. 1mm at the cylinder wall & 1.1ish at the chamber which is pretty much exactly where I wanted to be & its the same the back as the front which is an improvement over stock.

Here it now waits forlornly in my Sheldon c/w old style tool holder for everyone to laugh at, but it still works fine for this sort of stuff. The hand cut head tool is pretty small as I made it for doing heads of 40-50mm dia. A bigger one would be easier but my tool holder ain't that big. I'll just take a few cuts and work carefully with blending radius's.

I had a quick play with some old TSR sw & calculated the head currently in the 40s which with a suggestion to stay within 15-25m/s range is pretty high, so first thing I'll do is take off the inner anodised section which should take my squished area from 56% down to 50 & lower that substantially.

I'll need to remove a fair bit of material but I'll do it in a few steps & measure cause even though that is tedious, its easier than putting material back in.

I've taken the head stays off to slot them a bit more than std to account for about 2mm of movement down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GG EC300 head cut 1.jpg (111.2 KB, 357 views)