View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Spot on mate.

What clip position is the NECW in? Have you tried going a clip position richer? 1/4 - 1/2 throttle is most impacted by clip position, so I would do that.

If a full clip on the NECW is too much, then as you've said.. NEDW is the half clip richer version (same taper profile).

In my 2013 I always ran 40 NEDW#2 175. In my 2018 I'm at 42 NECW#3 175. I could probably go richer on pilot/diameter as AS is just past 1 turn from seated.

These Suzuki needles have a long straight section compared to the stock N1EF as well. So in some ways the diameter will impact small throttle opens. But by 1/4 throttle you're usually well onto the needle. The delivery is rather smooth..

And if you want an OEM needle that is 'similar' to a JD Red, I'd be suggesting a N3CH/N3EH (C being half a clip leaner than E). Couple it up with a bigger main like you would with JD too.
The set up was NECW in 3rd position, MJ: 172, PJ: 42, can't remember the airscrew setting.

Great, what you say is what I had planned, to lift the needle one clip. Unfortunately I could not further play with the carb as we are under a strict lock down. But I hope that we will be able to continue in 4 to 6 weeks. At least I hope that. From what I have felt when riding his bike I expect that one clip down (#4) will give the right amount of additional fuel to eliminate the slight hesitation. It is a very slight hesitation I first did not notice but he did. And after concentrating I could feel it too. So I will first try with NECW in 4 and if it is too rich then, which I don't think I can try the NEDW in 3.

Ok, I will order a N3CH, a N3EH and a NEDW. I hope FrankMX in the Netherlands will have them in stock, but I am not in a hurry anyway.
Personally I like the JD needles and I was surprised about going up with the main jet but when I saw the needle it was clear. Its visible to the bare eye that the JD needle(s) are way thicker at the tip than the standard N1EF.

The tapers of the JD needles are almost not visible and I like how smooth they are. Some racers here do not like them but I do not race and don't ride much WOT in high gears. From time to time on faster bits but I can not remember that I ever held the throttle full open in 5th or 6th gear for longer that 10 seconds. I am just to old for higher speeds.

Jakobi, you helped me a lot. Many thanks! I really appreciate that you took the time to to point me in the right direction.