View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Default correct jetting for my 01 xc200 ?

Hi again,
This time I'm trying to get the low end power to be a bit better than it is. I got the LTR jet kit, and the power valve cover a while back and went riding ,not jetting. My bike runs well enough but it seems soft down low and I rode someone else's xc 200 and it definitely had more snap down low. My bike has the motowest pipe. It will run without the choke on right after I start it even on cool 40 degree(f) days. I ride at about 4000ft elevation and so I put the needle clip 1 position higher(2nd pos) than recommended in the instructions. I've messed with the pilot jets too and have the 48 in there now. Does anyone know what I could do to get closer to optimal settings as a starting point? I can't get the bike to idle without turning the idle speed (slide stop) screw way in. I know that probably means I'm idling off the main circuit. I was thinkoing that I might need a richer pilot to get the bike to idle correctly? I have been assuming(never a good thing!) that the higher # means richer as on the mains.
By the way, I regreased all the suspension pivots and rode yesterday and man, was it nice. Alright, that's enough for now. I hope someone can help me and that I'll be able to return the favor eventually.

Last edited by fasternat; 02-26-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: omitted something