View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 11:55 PM

Everyone seems to miss what Yamaha is trying to do here. The x models are aimed at GNCC and National Enduro style competition. They fall in line with KTM's XC line. There are now 2 of the yz250x's in my riding group and they are awesome bikes. One guy likes to ride the super hard stuff (qualified for Sunday's event at the TKO last year) and the other guy likes the faster stuff. Both love these bikes and say it's the best bike they have ever owned. The suspension is perfect right out of the box, just spring it and you're ready to go. The motor is not even similar to a yz. It has tons of low end power that starts right off idle and if you roll on the throttle it continues to build in a very smooth and useable manner. Flip the clutch and it will explode and remind you why you love a 2t. No e-start? no worries this bike can be started by hand, literally I have seen it done. And as far as the 6 speed it really doesn't need it. First is a granny gear, you can walk beside the bike but, in 5th it will still run 70mph. how fast do you need to go? The gearing is spaced perfectly and the bike likes to be ridden in 2nd and 3rd.

If I were to compare it to my 2011 300 in stock form I would say the yz had nearly as much low end and revs higher and faster than the 300, making a little more top end power. They truly are awesome machines. The YZ450FX is out now and it is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk