View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 08:57 PM

Default 2008 EC250 Top End

EDIT: Just measured it and it's a 300 not a 250 which it was sold to me as, so the stuff about the clearance is irrelevant now
Hi guys, this is my first top end rebuild ever so I could do with some advice. I have removed the cylinder on my bike and to do a new piston and have noticed that the top conrod bearing has gone beacuse the piston doesnt move smoothly on the rod it jumps from position to position like it is notched, I assume this isnt normal. I also cannot remove the piston pin, I have removed both circlips and heated the piston too but it wont budge. I haven't tried tapping it with a hammer because I dont want to damage the bottom bearing, would this be ok?

I ordered a wiseco piston for a 1997 - 2018 ec250 which is 66.40mm (the only size the wiseco come in), would this provide the correct clearance for a 12 year old cylinder? I currently have no way to measure the cylinder bore.

I know that I am at least the third owner and the bottom end has been rebuilt at some point because it has a wossner rod fitted not sure if the cylinder has been replated at any point though which would affect clearance i assume.

If you have any other tips for me they would be appreciated

Thanks for all your help in advanced

Last edited by Louis069; 07-24-2020 at 01:11 AM. Reason: incorrect information