View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Is it still making noise as well?
No, that's gone, at least for now. I tortured it quite a bit yesterday and didn't hear anything. Clutch action felt good with the Motul Trans Oil 10/40 that my GasGas garage recommended, shifting was a bit clunky though.

In the meantime I think that the problem hasn't to do with hydraulics. I will take everything apart, try the new clutch discs. If the problem does not get any better I will take the Rekluse basket out and install the OEM one again for testing. Problem is, I always must travel to Hungaria to test, thats about 75 miles one way...

As @ Neil said I will also test ATF though I always said "dont use it", but any port in a storm.

I don't think it has to do with the basket from Rekluse though it appeared after I installed it. But at the same time I installed the Kevlar friction plates and new steels and I had no problem the first three hours apart from that it squealed again. And that is the strange thing, it did not drag the first three hours. The bike sat in the garage for a week or so and then it started to make trouble. Maybe the friction discs swell...I have no more ideas but I will measure stack height and plate thickness once the fookin' new clutch arrives...

Keep you updated. Many thanks for all the help. That is really great! Appreciate it!

edit: I said I will install the OEM basket again, but now that I think it over....I have drilled out the rivets for the drive gear and installed the drive gear to the Rekluse basket... so I will not do that...

Last edited by Doc Brown; 08-22-2019 at 01:08 AM. Reason: add info