View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 AM

I have been using the Klim pants for a few years now and have 2 pairs of over the boot style which I like very much. The original Revolt and the newer Dakar. I don't see going back to an in the boot style pant although I have 2 brand new pairs which I will use up somehow.

Revolt has been really good with my one big complaint being the bottom cuff was not adjustable for closure. This has caused problems on occasion with the cuff catching on my kick starter and also on the footpegs. Sounds weird but it happens and usually at the worst of times. Stiching on the butt area has worn through/off but the pants are staying together. Interesting.

Dakar I thought was going to be the solution to my cuff problems. It has adjustable closure so you can snug it up but unfortunately it's with velcro. Very wet muddy rides and it gets filled with mud and they stop holding and you end up with big loose flaps. Not good. For some reason the inside bottom part of the right cuff area has worn all the way through very badly and quickly as well. Stitching in the butt area on these has also worn through very fast but the pants are holding together.

Even with these issues I would get them again. The pants are very nice overall, with some excellent features and venting options available. Good looking to boot with nice understated styling IMO. The size 34 Revolts (original pants) are tighter around the waist than the newer size 34 Dakars. This was not good as the Revolts were almost too exact in size. Klim will tell you this and hense the change to the slightly roomier size with their newer pants.

I think Klim needs to rethink the velcro closure system at the bottom and improve/change the cuff material on the inside at the botton as well. Not sure about the butt stitching issue, maybe it's just my fat arse and the fanny pack rubbing on that area causing the problem.

Skidad

Last edited by Skidad; 06-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.