View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM

And here are the updates after two more solid days of riding:

I'm getting more comfortable with the suspension and think that I may be able to get away with using it with the stock springs. We'll see.

I am also getting used to the brakes. Probably the more time I spend away from the Husky, the less I will notice the brakes. I'm still going to back bleed them and see if I can get a little more responsiveness out of them.

My hand cramping issue is pretty much gone now. I took the CR Hi bars off my Husky and rotated the throttle so that the cable is behind the brake master cylinder. I'm thinking that the sweep of the stock bars was one problem and the other problem was that the closed position on the throttle was so far down that I was putting pressure on the pad of my hand. If I can find some risers I think it will be a perfect deal. Unfortunately, the risers from the Husky would work because the Gas Gas bolts were too short.

The height of the bike is great. I pushed the forks up in the clamps to the second line, set the sag and ditched the stock rear tire for a Motoz. I'm 5'6" and can get one foot fully on the ground or both feet touching tip toes. That's in my comfort zone.

I did have something break on the bike this last weekend - the kickstand bolt. The kickstand was getting harder and harder to put down and wasn't springing back up. I put it down one time and SNAP...off it all came. It looks like the paint started to come up behind the kickstand and gum everything up. I think its going to need to be sanded. The paint in general is kind of soft and chips easily.