View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:25 AM

Default Some questions concerning spooge

I run my EC300/19 50:1 with Putoline MX9, which has a very low pour point and should produce less spooge than e.g. Motul 800 with an extremely high pour point.
But it in fact it produces quite a lot of spooge and so do my buddies bikes, three GP300's and my GP300/18.

All bikes are jetted slightly different, mine run on a JD red needle, Martin's is totallly stock and runs very nice and the two others use the NECW needle but different main jets. All bikes get 50:1 premix. And they all spooge.

On the GP300 with JD-red I reduced from 50:1 to 60:1 and finally to 80:1 to get rid of the spooge. After talking to James (Dean) and also a kTM technician who said KTM's TPI's run 30:1 at WOT but as low as 100:1 at very low throttle opnenings, I went back to 50:1 just to be on the safe side.

I had two 300 EXC's and both Katos survived far over 150 hrs with 80:1 using Amsoil Saber. The GP300 killed 7 spark plugs in less than 10 hours and was immediately cured by just using a different oil.

In a nutshell: how can I reduce the spooge? My bike is already jetted on the leaner side as I dont go WOT in high gears for more than just 7 seconds. I tried different oils (Putoline MX9, Motul 710, Motorex Crossp. 2T, Silkolene/Fuchs 100S, Castrol Power1) but there was no big difference.

Thx for any advice!