View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woflow View Post
Hi I tried the Reader on FSR 450 '07 , it works fine! Thank you MercyFlush!
The most difficult part is finding information and getting knowledge about modifying the mapping.

why are there two fuel maps/ignition maps? Because of the blue/yellow wire connetor? How do you realized the map switch?

Do you want my rom file for comparison? I'm not sure if its stock, because i've bought my bike with an unique handmade exhaust, maybe it got an mapupdate.
I'd LOVE your Map, It's good to see someone else have success with the program . If you can upload it to dropbox or something that'd be great, or even to the forum if it's allowed (just rename the file to a .txt instead of .bin to upload on the forum )

The reason they have two maps is generally so that the bike can meet local emissions laws but also have a way of going into a 'race' tune. I'm using this as more of a cruse map for the highway and a more enriched tune for the bush etc. The issue is that the bike's ECU is Open Loop which means on constant loading you'll have issues with running too lean/rich.

Now comes part two of the [How To]. I'll put the update of opening and modifying a rom.
As I was saying in my OP, I've not got enough time to go through step by step, but I'll try to put as much detail in as I can. I'd be great for some other people to share the workload as it'd be nice to be able to get our bikes all nice and tuned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woflow View Post
Communication cable:

KKL 409 cable + Fiat connector

This set should work:
for example: ebay
As I was saying in my O.P
"The general solution is to buy a USB OBD *type* connector along with a FIAT 3 pin connector. You MUST insure you purchase a cable with an FTDI FT232R or EQUIVALENT serial converter inside and the OBD cable MUST ONLY do level conversion (It must NOT have a ELM327 controller). The OBD cable must be a K-Line or ISO9141 etc. compatible. You *can* make your own cable (I did) but just buy the damn thing trust me, it?ll be worth it."

So yeah the above cable will work IF it has an FTDI chip in it. It MUST be an FTDI chip otherwise it's just plain old not going to work. I had bought three VAG-COM cables each time they have a different chip in them. I ended up making my own by substituting the prolific chip with an FTDI one.