View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 PM

Likes: The bike handles well, turns and holds a line, without being twitchy in the fast stuff. Reliable. I like owning a boutique brand.

Dislikes: A little funky to jet. More than a little funky to work on, but once you get all the odd-ball sized wrenches and figure it out, it's not so bad. The newer bikes are reported to be better in terms of fasteners and fit and finish.

Power delivery: The GG builds power slowly and lugs down to nothing. Not prone to stalling. The Orange brand bikes (KTM and Berg) that I've ridden seem to spool up quicker and hit harder. Not sure if that was jetting or lighter flywheel, or combination of both

Sachs Suspension: I won't touch the forks again, since I half mangled one of the rebound clickers in the fork cap. I'm not the first guy to have done that. Parts for the fork, other than seals and bushings which can be sourced from a KYB fork, are non-existent. Lang re-habed my rebound clicker to working order, and now I leave all fork maintenance to him. With the revavlve and respring the fork works as good as any other open chamber unit. Stock, the fork needs a revalve, unless you like a super harsh mid-stroke spike. In stock trim the shock was ok, but undersprung for me. With the revavle and respring I have no complaints. I never notice the rear do anything, so for me, that means it's working well. Really happy with my shock set-up.

I bought the bike brand new, without knowing much about GG. I was looking to purchase a 300cc 2-t for XC and enduro racing, and the price was right, so I jumped. No regrets, and I would buy another one.