View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Kevin, 42 is good for a NETRA guy who hasn't ridden a lot lately! I saw Ed after the race too. I had something let go in my fork early in the day, probably a mid valve face shim or spring. Lost a lot of rebound I couldn't dial back in. Bike wanted to stand up all day in the fire cuts and climb out, wouldn't turn. Made for some epic crashes. Trail was really beat to crap back on 68. That A/B loop was looong, and how about the mini endurocross log section toward the end? At one point I was thinking "why didn't I enter BSSR instead of B250"? Saw more than a few steaming 4strokes, and one guy just trying to walk the last three miles out all pissed off. The vintage bikes and memorabilia were great. Did you meet Penton Sat night at signup?

They had a GNCC in the pines not too far from there a few years back, when Shane Watts was on top. Back then I think the GNCC courses were tighter or at least had some tighter sections. One of the complaints was not the course but all the ticks in the woods! Really freaked some people out.

Oh well, not a great day but a fun day in the woods with good weather. Now some stuff to fix.