View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
Can someone make sure the dirt rags get a good one and a box of donuts
Nope! I'm done with the west coast dirt rags. If they want to come to the east to ride here then they can test our bikes, both GG and Sherco. I'm done sending bikes out to CA for them to ride. I can't be there when they do the test and show them all of the things they need to know, like how the PFP valve works on the forks, so they will have to come here to ride them. I really am at a loss as to why people care about what the mags say. All of those guys were at a national enduro this summer and only one of them was able to beat a 53 year old "chunky guy" that had a heart attack earlier in the year. I 'm not sure they are qualified to test a bike that will mainly be ridden in the woods rather than the desert. Rather than take their word for what is good, I hope you guys will get in touch with me for a demo ride so you can decide yourselves. I do intend to send bikes to Kevin Novello at Trail Rider in New England because he rides where we do.
Sorry, Stoby! You struck a nerve....!
Funny thing...After I typed my above rant, I went to the grocery store for some milk and picked up a Dirt Bike magazine. In his column, Tom Webb talked about how tough the PA national enduro was and how he was waaaaay out of his element. BUT...he still wrote a test on a bike. Huh? Don't get me wrong....I respect Tom and he is a good rider....out west, in So Cal and in the desert type environments. In over three years now we have sold about 1% of our bikes where he and the other mag guys live. The rest have been bought by customers who ride between trees and over roots with mud and slime on them. The more I have thought about this (I get a lot of time to think driving the bus to and from enduros) the less sense it makes. So, here is my challenge to you guys: Don't let a So Cal writer make up YOUR mind for YOU! If you are about to spend just south of $10k on a dirt bike, invest the time to ride the bike yourselves and make up your own mind. If you ride one of the bikes I sell and decide not to buy it based on that experience, I can live with that. If you decide not to buy a bike I sell because of a west coast mag, then I'm gonna pour a beer on your head!

Last edited by Clay; 11-07-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added info