View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM

Default Bolts falling off everywhere!!!!

OK I finally got to take my bike out for more then 10 minutes. But lets first recap the first 10 minutes. Bike is a 2012 300 . First ten minutes equal gas tank bolt on top. Gonzo. Oh well I called Halls and they sent me one right away. Was a pain to get in and didn't go very nicely but it is now blue loctited in place. Wait lets recap to before the ten minutes ride. Went to take off on new bright new shiny bike. Oh crap no rear brakes!! Got off bike and the rear brake rotor was soaked with oil!! Looked at my trailer as I just brought the bike home. Looks like the Spanish folks must have soaked the crap out of the air filter and it leaked out and while driving went all over the rotor thus destroying my newly installed EBC semi metallic pads. Called Halls (a great dealer!) and they sent me a new set of pads. Ok. Thought I read somewhere about loose kickstand bolts. OK I thought I have oh 10 to 30 minutes just putzin around I will check it. LOOSE!! Tightened her real good. Rode for app 1 hour, sidestand bolt loose and of course no tools.......... Made it work to get back................ Now engine feels to have vibration...................Loose motor mount??????????? My god less then a hour and a half?????????????? Coming off a BULLET proof Husky 2-stroke with NO quirks.......... My 2005 Gas Gas NEVER did anything wrong and is still running perfect on it's original piston!!!! Now for the good of the hour and a half ride. Ergos absolutely sweet and perfect for me even at a short 5 foot 7!!!! Seat very very hard but should stand up anyways!! Handling. Typical Gas Gas. Sweet. Stable as a locomotive and No head shake (I am a pretty fast A rider) Suspension I will not rate at all until broke in and adjusted as I have not touched anything yet. I rode it now so I have to deal with any issues or lose my A_ _!!!! Immediately comfortable on the bike and handles so you can feel confident!!! May be heavy on the scales but this chassis does not know it! More updates next weekend. My question is WTF do I have to remove and loctite everything???????????? Any fix for that stupid kickstand bolt as I like the kickstand but I sure fear that bolt coming out and derailing chain or worse lock the rear tire and send you for the trees!! Need to work out a few bugs, but should be a solid!! (Much better feeling the 11 and prior bikes (will have a 2011 six day 250 for direct comparison next weekend) I think with all the subframe failures. I am scared. Gas Gas should give all 2012 owners the updated aluminum pieces at no cost or dealer costs. I am going to be positive!! Forgot to mention. THIS ENGINE ROCKS!!! Stock jetting and I havn't even leaned it out 1 clip yet!!! Gobs of torque. Smooth powerful and a tish pipey all at once!! Easy to start and a real workhorse!! Very very difficult to stall if even possible! Clutch pull? What clutch pull. Smooth as butter!!! Not sure if my motor mounts are now loose to or what? Any take??