View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 AM

Electrics mods,

The gas gas 'module' was, err, how can I put it, crap. And it didn't work so that was speedily replaced by a black vector.
I plumped for the remote as well this time which is great for doing everything without moving your hand from the bar.
It has the water temp sender as well.

The bike had a horrible on/off/start button that was on the right handle bar with the switch under the throttle cables.
The start button was also missing a w/proof cover, so this was next up for some attention.

I got hold of an ignition switch and mounted that (temp until I fab a mount for it) to the bars.
Along with this I got a Yammy push start and put that on.
Now the key means a little security if the bike is left and is also a nice big kill switch in the centre.

The bike had lights, but for some reason these had been butchered into one switch nightmare.
I sorted them all out and wired the lights up along with a 12v horn.
(They arn't tidied up yet in the pic and the horn fouled the rear of the light, so was bent up to be horizontal. Now it fits nicely)

I got a new switch that has low/high and the horn button.
Now the cockpit looks like this...

Next was a fan.
This I decided to wire direct.
I sorted out the wiring and instead of testing with the t/light, I decided to use a new fan I had on the side for the txt pro, that has toasted it's own.
Now here was a nice surprise, the txt fan fits on the radiator of an ec perfectly.
It is the same dimensions and can even be riveted on as per the txt.
Needless to say, it stayed and now I need to buy another one for the trials bike. Haha. Doh.