View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Alrighteo chaps!

I've finally finished playing around with old bikes, and onto this new one.

Haven't done much but started undressing her, and finding a couple little gg specials along the way.

Centre tank bolt was a bit managed on the last couple threads. Not sure if someone has bottomed it out or not. Can run a longer bolt in a fair way before it stops, so might just run a tap through it for piece of mind. Always prefer a longer bolt for the tank too.

Wiring harness all coming apart and getting packed with some dielectric grease. Horn, and indicators getting removed and just running headlight and tail light. Will be replacing the front brake switch for a banjo bolt as well.

Need to get the flywheel cover off (inc starter motor). Open to suggestions on what the best approach is here. Lubrication wise? Wet bath? What kind of oil? Just a light grease on the gears? Part of me thinks I should just take it off.

Has anyone replaced the OEM switch block with something simpler? All I need is headlight on/off pretty much, and a GO button if I keep the e-start.

Rear rubber will be switched out to Dunlop, blah blah blah.

Has anyone noticed the 2 small bolts in the side of the left hand case where the reed block fits? These weren't on my earlier bikes. Anyone know what they are for? Is it part of the mounting of the Vforce4 block? or something else. Also have some pretty average machining on the top edge of the reed block/cases. Some bikes have this, others not. Perhaps an average batch of cases with some extra casting that has been taken off.

Coolant will be binned and replaced with something else, and squish getting measured up and head off to TSP for some work.

I need to source a new NEDW, have duplicates of heaps of other needles but the only NEDW I have is in my 2013, and I think I'll leave it there.. Could swap it out, but it has a heap of hours on it so a new one wouldn't be a bad thing anyway.

I'm liking the looks of the P-tech rad braces. May try and source a set. Have used force previously but their customer service has been average so happy to shop around.

I might try snap a couple pictures to add.

Ooo.. Pulled the OEM kick starter off to add a YZ one and noticed they have been super generous with the Loctite on there!