View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 06:02 AM

Bit of maintenance tonight to get it ready for an upcoming ride.

First on the agenda was the fitment of a carb vent filter http://www.7602racing.com/prod_t6cf.php as after my last ride in the sand I noticed a few specks of sand/dust in the vent hoses only a few inches from the carb outlets?! Can this migrate its way into the carb and on towards the engine?
Anyway this vent filter will put a stop to that.

I obviously pulled the carb and cleaned it out, no signs of sand/dust in the carb but still, a worry that sand made its way that far up the hoses.

Fixed up the fuel tank as it was starting to rub in places previously pointed out by others (mainly where it butts against the seat holding bracket) - used a hammer to bend this tab away from the tank and then glued a bit of rubber on it which should prevent it rubbing through the tank. Also made the hole in front of the fuel cap larger so when I bolt it down it doesn't place pressure on the tank in any certain direction.

Last thing I did was fix up the bottom LHS subframe mount - one of the two holes didn't line up properly, meaning the M6 bolt would start threading itself into the aluminium subframe threads at an angle, obviously this wasn't going to end well, so I had to enlarge the hole in the frame by 1mm to give it enough room to allow the bolt to thread in straight. I also re-tapped the thread the clean it up. Works good as gold now.

Good preventative maintenance mainly, however in a perfect world, with the exception of the vent hose filter I really shouldn't need to do it to a brand new 2014 model bike. We'll chalk it up to owning an exotic bike... :roll eyes:

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC