Thread: Toy Haulers??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Banned

Well I picked this up yesterday, hopefully I did well? This is my first trailer/hauler. I liked the idea of this type with the pop out beds on each end and the small toy box on the front. Im not sure who said this but I was remembering what someone posted on here when buying used. "You are buying the unused portion". That kept ringing in my head when I bought it. So with that I chewed the guy all they way down from $7700 to a final price of $5800. Its home was in Yuma, AZ so it was in the dunes for most of it's life, which was evident by all the sand I cleaned out of it. The only off roading it saw was in the sand. The seller powered everything on for us, the fridge is icey and the A/C is very cold, microwave, stereo, stove, water pump everything seemed to work like it was supposed to. Even plugging in the trailer lights they all worked, which never happens to me!

As for towing, the family van did a great job. It motored up to 65 with ease and I didn't feel the trailer much at all. I did feel it when coming to a stop with the extra weight back there but it wasnt to bad. I am putting in a brake controller today just as a precaution and peace of mind. I'm leaving for CO tomorrow morning to meet up with a couple guys from this forum. So it will have it's maiden voyage very soon.

FYI Steve, we are staying in this if we make it to St. George again this year. And no endurocross for me this time.