View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Oh sorry I forgot I hadn't replied to this, got busy at work, you know how it is.

OK so I couldn't find any MTX so I tried Silkolene as they claim it is light oil & helps combat drag.

I wouldn't use ATF, have seen a gearbox pretty worn after using ATF on roadrace bike. Bikes probably have skinny gears & hard shocks even though less power than Auto g.boxes.

The weather was windy & cold so I took a pussy pill & stayed in bed, it doesn't really snow here but the wind was bitter, at least it sounded that way from my nice warm bed.

However I did start the bike & ride it up the steep drive a bit & slip the clutch at the top to give it a bit of a bed in. I then rode back down & started the bike several times in gear with the clutch in wearing running shoes.

I'm pretty sure it was sharp edged plates snagging on sharp dimples on the inner basket.

Thank you thank you, you may feel that it is necessary to recommend me for a Nobel prize, - but anyone can get one of those these days so instead nominate for Pulitzer for this thread.

ok maybe after a good test I'll know for sure. Sadly that may be a few weeks away.