View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
tenneco is in the gasline business .. maybe they figured with all the ohrv's riding the gaslines they might as well try and make some money off them!!
Gasline business??? Umm, I don't think so.

Tenneco, Inc. as it exists today is focused on ride control products (suspension systems and elastomers) and exhaust products (hot and cold ends). Many years ago, Tenneco was a major conglomerate with a packaging side called Pactiv, a shipping business, and a bunch of stuff that I can't recall. In about 1999, Tenneco Automotive as it exists today, was spun-off into an automotive business focusing on ride control and exhaust products. The named was later changed to just Tenneco, Inc. in order to remove the notion of only serving the automotive market. Because Tenneco also supplies to markets such as railway, large commercial vehicle, and off-road vehicles (construction/agricultural). The two-wheeler market is a great opportunity for Tenneco that I wished took place a long time ago. If the acquisation of Marzocchi goes through, which I hope it does, there should be a good marriage of technologies from both companies. I don't see Marzocchi (both its name or products) changing anytime soon. On the contrary, Tenneco should help to get their products on more OE-equipped vehicles.