View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
Would have to say buy from the dealer. I buy everything I can from my local dealer Matto Cycle. When I had problems I went to Bud he handled it. Although Clay is a stand up guy and will deal with you direct, not all importers will make themselves as availible to help you out. I have broken a lot of stuff this year back to back races and Matto's allways had what I needed or was able to get it in time for the next race. If you develope a relationship with the shop they will take care of you.
+1 on what Wimpy said.
I have Matto to the east and Smiths to the west, never an issue with obtaining parts and most important "advise".
For me, Matto is closer but I had been working with Smiths before Matto became a Gas Gas dealer so I built a relationship with Smiths and continue to buy from them just for that reason.
Send and email and parts show up at my door a couple days later, just could not be easier and if I have an issue, a simple phone call always gets me straighten out.
Clay, I could see a benefit in shipping bikes direct as long as the local or chosen dealer gets a cut in the action.
Same with parts...